Open Call for a Special Issue in 2024
Comparative Population Studies (CPoS) welcomes proposals for a Special Issue in 2024. The SI should include an introductory paper by the guest editor(s) as well as 5 to 8 individual papers.
Deadline 1st May 2023
Please send your proposal to CPoS@bib.bund.de
Proposals should include:
- the title of the SI,
- the names and affiliations of the guest editor(s)
- a summary of the topic, including reasons why it is important and timely, as well as the value added by the SI, (~800 words)
- a list of titles, the names and affiliations of the contributing authors and abstracts (~300-500 words)
The editor and the editorial team will select one proposal for publication. The selection will be based on the fit to the journal and the proposal’s quality, including timeliness and originality. The proposing guest editor(s) will be notified as soon as possible of the outcome of the decision. We expect the decision to be taken by mid-May 2023.
Further procedure for publication of the selected proposal
The evaluation of the individual contributions of the SI will follow the usual review process at CPoS, meaning a double-blind peer-review. Prior to submission the individual articles should have been assessed by the guest editor(s) who are responsible to ensure high quality standards. The guest editor(s) suggest qualified reviewers (3-5 per article) but the review process is organised solely by the editorial team of CPoS. Guest editor(s) comment on the reviews but the editorial team contacts the authors. When preparing their submissions, the authors should follow CPoS’ submission guidelines https://www.comparativepopulationstudies.de/index.php/CPoS/information/authors.
- 01 May 2023: Submission of proposals
- 15 May 2023: Decision on submissions
- 31 October 2023: Submission of papers
- Nov 2023 - Jan 2024: Reviewing of papers (1st round)
- Feb-March 2024: Revision of papers
- April-May 2024: Reviewing of revised papers (2nd round)
- June 2024: Final revisions
- July-Sept 2024: Production
- October 2024: Final publication
Papers will be published upon acceptance. The overview paper by the guest editor(s) will be published together with the final paper of the SI.
In case of any further questions, please contact the editorial office at email@example.com
Why CPoS? CPoS offers free language editing once papers have been accepted. All articles are published online and open access without any submission or processing fees.
Download the Call (PDF)